Wednesday 6 June 2012

DIY: Pearls Studded Shirt

 

The denim shirt is from American apparel. It is a nice khaki that gives it a utilitarian vibe different form the usual denim shirts I have. I bleached the top half slightly to reveal a slight brown undertone.  I think this will make a good base for where I want to add the pearls.



I use bigger size pearls on top and scatter them down to smaller sizes. You will want to mark where you want the pearls.  I like them to look more random than equally spaced. Each beads are applied individually as the spaces are too far apart so make sure you make a very secure knot on each one.
I don't have many selection of coloured thread otherwise I would use the same colour as the shirt...so light gray will have to do for this.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment